Thursday, June 01, 2006

Now, Voyager

I recently watched the movie, Now, Voyager, which I had never seen before. I'm a big fan of classic movies, and this one was on my list of ones to watch. Although the story wasn't quite what I expected, I did enjoy it.

Part of the story is about a woman who's been trapped in a life she doesn't wasn't to live anymore, and eventually, because she's having a nervous breakdown, takes a psychiatrist's advice and takes steps which cause her to eventually become independent and happy. Although, she doesn't necessarily get everything she wants, her life is a richer because of the changes she makes.

In the film she reads a quote from a Walt Whitman poem, which is where the name of the movie comes from. It goes:

"The untold want, by life and land ne'er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find."


It really resonated with me as I watched the film. Anyway, I just thought I'd share it.

No comments: