Saturday, January 20, 2007

Redemption (Sandy Duncan Part 2)

So if you've been reading my blog, you will know that I was a bit star-struck recently by actress Sandy Duncan which I wrote about here. As I previously stated, I acted kind of like an idiot because I was just so enamored of her.

Well, this evening a friend of mine invited me to go out to dinner with several mutual friends, and Sandy Duncan was also invited as well. (Actually, my friend knows full well that I like Ms. Duncan and wanted to give me a chance to get to know her better). I drove to the restaurant separately, and while I was driving I kept saying to myself, "Okay, just play it cool. Don't be a geek. Just treat her like you would treat anybody else." Well, it worked; I was completely cool, and I even sat next to (and shared a pizza with) Sandy Duncan. We talked a lot, and I got to know her, and I had a terrific evening. At the end of the night she even complimented me for being a "good seat-mate." So I feel I have redeemed myself.

And by the way, Sandy Duncan is just as delightful as I had envisioned she would be. Yea!

No comments: