Saturday, February 21, 2009

Something More Light-Hearted

Taking a break from homosexual angst and possible excommunication, I thought it might be fun to do something a little fun today. Behold are some questions about Jonah and me that I took from another blog (with my own answers, of course).

What are your middle names?
My middle name is Earl. Jonah's middle name is Hiram. Although Cody and Jonah are not our real first names, those are, indeed, our real middle names. I'm not a big fan of mine (it's a family name). I don't know what Jonah thinks of his.

How long have you been together?
We've known each other for more than four years, and I'd say we've been together for three. And we've been married (as "married" as we can be) for almost two months.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Well, the line is kind of blurry from when we were just hanging out to when we actually started dating. I guess, technically, it was a year, but I would say officially it a few months.

Who asked whom out?
I would have to say it was him.

How old are each of you?
I'm almost 38 (yikes!), and he's 33.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
We see mine the most. I've actually only met his siblings once.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Probably being apart for so long, although I think we're handling it swimmingly. I also think we have different styles of doing things, and perhaps that is hard at times. Overall, I think we get on great, though.

Did you go to the same school?
Nope. He did work at the university I went to in Nevada, but we never actually went to school together.

Are you from the same home town?
No. He's from Las Vegas; I'm from the Salt Lake City area.

Who is smarter?
I think we're both pretty smart. It's pretty even. Maybe I'm a bit more book-smart. I don't know.

Who is the most sensitive?
Jonah. No question.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We like to go out a lot, although that has diminished since we bought our house. We go to the Cheesecake Factory a lot. IHOP, too (because it's right near our house).

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
I guess Los Angeles.

Who has the craziest exes?
I don't think Jonah has any exes, and mine are relatively sane. I had an ex-girlfriend who is bipolar. That's about as crazy as it gets.

Who has the worst temper?
Wow! Uh, neither one of us, really. We're both pretty even tempered guys. If I had to pick, I would say me. I think it would be easier to push me to explode than it would Jonah (although I know he has lost his temper before (though I've never actually seen it).

Who does the cooking?
I know how to use a microwave. Jonah can actually cook, although he's trying to teach me to cook. We both share the duty, although I generally need him to leave me instructions if we want the food to be edible.

Who is the neat-freak?
We're both pretty cluttery. It really depends. My car is spotless compared to his, but I think he cares more about how the house looks than I do.

Who is more stubborn?
Me

Who hogs the bed?
Jonah claims I do, but I don't believe him. I think we just have a small bed.

Who wakes up earlier?
Jonah. Good gravy, let me sleep, man!

Where was your first date?
Technically, the Cheesecake Factory at Caesar's Palace. Officially, Disneyland.

Who is more jealous?
Neither one of us. I certainly am not, and I haven't got much of a vibe that Jonah is, either. We trust each other a lot.

How long did it take to get serious?
That's a saga. There were lots of complications. Read this blog if you really want to know.

Who eats more?
Probably me. We both eat a lot, I think. I eat faster (unless Jonah is starving).

Who does the laundry?
Well, we both do our own, but Jonah is much better at it than I am.

Who's better with the computer?
I think that would have to be me.

Who drives when you are together?
I'm the one that does the driving on long-distance trips, but we both do a lot of driving. Jonah tends to do the driving when we're in Vegas, and I tend to do it when he's in Salt Lake.

No comments: