Friday, March 20, 2009

Natasha Richardson

As you may know, actress Natasha Richardson died as a result of a head injury while on a beginner's ski course. I do not know why the circumstances of her death have affected me so profoundly, but they have. I was not a particular fan of hers. I mean, I enjoyed her work, but I wasn't enamored of her or anything.

I guess what's really been hard for me was that here was this young, vibrant woman of 45 engaging in a fun activity. She had a husband and kids that she loved and who loved her. Then suddenly she has an accident far more serious than she or anyone around here realizes. She's laughing and joking about it, and everything appears to be okay, but little does she realize that she's dying.

I just find it sad and tragic. I have felt such sadness and sympathy for her husband, sons, sister, and mother. Those poor boys have lost their mother too early. I don't know why it has hit me so hard. I guess it just reminded me how short life can be. Anyone we love can be taken at any moment. I guess we just have to remember to always love and appreciate our loved ones.

No comments: