Monday, July 13, 2009

Something On The Lighter Side

So I've got my mom hooked on one of my favorite TV shows, "Lost," and each episode (at least in the first couple of seasons) deals with a different character's backstory and how they came to be on the plane that crashed on the island and what their life was like prior to the crash. For example, we find out one guy was an interrogator in the Iraqi army; one girl is an escaped convict; one guy is a con man hunting the man he feels is responsible for his parents' deaths; one guy was bringing his estranged father's body home for his funeral, etc. So my mom says to me, "Everybody's backstory is so interesting and intricate. If I had been on that plane they'd just do a flashback of me sitting on the couch watching reruns of game shows on the Game Show Network and saying, 'Gee, it might be fun to take a trip,' and that would be it."

Made me laugh! Maybe you had to be there, but it truly tickled both of us. We just couldn't stop laughing at that image for a few minutes.

I love my mom!

No comments: