Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Church Attendance

So the ward I attend has always had the same schedule for years: Priesthood and Relief Society at 9:00 AM, Sunday School at 10:00 AM, and Sacrament Meeting at about 10:50 AM. This schedule works quite well for me. I am not a morning person nor do I opt to attend Priesthood meeting, so I get to church at 10:00 AM just in time for Sunday School, which I enjoy, and then I stay for Sacrament Meeting.

I found out that the higher ups have asked that Sacrament Meeting be first, so starting in January Sacrament Meeting will start at 9:00 AM, followed by Sunday School, and Priesthood. I'm not too excited about this and worry that it will affect my activity negatively when I am in Utah. I'd be more prone to just attend Sunday School in that case. I know that sounds bad, but it's the truth, and since I'm not even an official member anymore, I wouldn't feel as duty-bound to get up that early to go to Sacrament Meeting. I would miss going, though.

The fortunate thing is that I will be back home with Jonah in January after my gig ends, and my ward there doesn't start until 11:00 AM, so I don't really have to worry about this dilemma until I get another Utah job.

Beginning next fall, there will be a big shake-up at one of the theaters where I am consistently employed. This may affect whether I continue working there on a continual basis or not, so who knows? Maybe I'll be home with Jonah on a more regular basis anyway. And that might very well be for the best.

No comments: