Wednesday, December 01, 2010

50 Things I Love

This is a companion piece to yesterday's post. This list was a lot easier to make than yesterday's list of 50 things I don't like. I guess that says something about me. Again, in no particular order:

1. Jonah. Really. :-)
2. Getting my haircut
3. The taste of chocolate
4. The sound of a child's laugh. There is such an innocence and purity to it.
5. Bananas
6. The smell of coffee. I actually like the taste, too.
7. The original Star Wars trilogy, particularly The Empire Strikes Back.
8. My family. They are great. My mom is one of my best friends.
9. Animals
10. Mika. Thanks to his "Grace Kelly" being my ringtone, answering the phone (which I do not like) has become more pleasurable.
11. Watching people who really know how to dance. Probably because it's something I'm not very good at myself. I particularly enjoy watching ballet.
12. Acting. I love, love, love it! I have a hard time imagining doing anything else more fulfilling as a career.
13. Watching a really brilliant piece of theatre or a really great movie or TV show.
14. Creativity
15. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Whoever originally came up with that should get a free pass to heaven just for that, in my opinion.
16. Playing games.
17. Wit or humor that is based in cleverness
18. The TV show "Lost." I thought it was brilliant.
19. Egg yolks. Mmmmmmm!
20. Gravy. Mmmmmm!
21. The Harry Potter series. Again, brilliant.
22. Kindness
23. Being out of the closet. It has made life so, so much easier and more joyful.
24. People who love rather than judge
25. Sushi. I notice a lot of these are food. Hmm.
26. Eating. Might as well just say it, huh?
27. Musicals. Yes, I'm gay.
28. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's one of my favorite books. I read it almost every year.
29. My Heavenly Father and my Savior. Good thing these are in no particular order.
30. Redemption. It's a theme I love to see in books, movies, and life.
31. Learning. I loved school (well, except junior high, but that had nothing to do with the learning aspect of it)
32. Biographies. I love reading about other people's lives.
33. Trivia. My mind is filled with more of this than anything else, unfortunately.
34. Music. Oh, my gosh, I don't know what I would do without music! I'd rather go blind than deaf.
35. Dissonance. In line with the preceding, dissonant chords are my favorite.
36. Christmas
37. The color purple. Not the book, movie, or musical, but the actual color (although I quite like the book and movie (the musical, not as much)).
38. People who are interested in having thought-provoking, deep conversations. If you just want to talk about the weather, I'm not your guy.
39. Symbolism
40. The sound of a violin. Listen to the theme of Schindler's List, for example, and tell me that's not a hauntingly beautiful sound.
41. The avocado eggrolls at The Cheesecake Factory. Yes, again more food, but they are delicious.
42. Really soft cat fur
43. Smooth surfaces
44. Challenges
45. Optimism
46. The miracles of technology.
47. Sleeping. I. Love. To. Sleep.
48. The quiet, muffled sound that comes with snow.
49. Along the same lines, I love the actual sound of silence. Yes, my friends, silence has a sound.
50. History

1 comment:

Elliot said...

Yeah, I'm commenting again. What can I say? I love these lists!

10- Mika is great! I'm known to spontaneously start singing "Rain" no matter where I am.

28- I played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in high school. I'm a big fan of the story, and it's movie adaptations.

49- Silence does have a sound! I love it so much a wrote a post about it, hahaha