Friday, September 02, 2011

Help If You Can

I was planning on writing about my adventures flying as I visited Jonah at our home this week. However, that will have to wait. This is more important.

You may or may not be aware that a gay man was attacked and beaten outside of a gay club in Salt Lake City recently. His name is Dane Hall, and the attack was pretty serious. You can read about it here, here, and here.





He now has some very expensive medical bills to deal with. If you can help him out at all, please go to any Zions Bank branch and make a deposit to the "Dane Hall Fund": 1) In person at a local Zions Bank Branch; 2) Via snail mail: Dane Hall Fund c/o Zions Bank, 701 E 400 S, Salt Lake City, UT, 84102; 3) Online through your own bank's Bill Pay Service. Online check, pay to Zions Bank in the name of "Dane Hall Fund." I don't know the guy at all, but no one deserves this. It disheartens me to know that hate is alive and well and taking its toll on the innocent.

Help if you can.

4 comments:

AlexH said...

I read this and thought it was awful.

Gay LDS Actor said...

A bunch of people, including myself, are doing a benefit for him tonight (Sept. 7) at Club Jam in Salt Lake City.

Unknown said...

I am curious about what happened with Dane. Do you have any updates?

Gay LDS Actor said...

I actually have not heard any more updates on Dane. We had a fundraiser soon after his attack, and there some some speculation that the attack was not anti-gay related at all, but I tend to believe it was. But I never heard what happened to him. I assume he's healed and okay now.