Friday, July 05, 2013

WHEEL! OF! REDEMPTION!


If you read this post, you know that I did not do very well on my audition for "Wheel of Fortune."  Traffic Ham, anyone?

So you can imagine my surprise when I actually received a callback email to attend another audition to be on the show.

Jonah's dad on Friday the 21st and I had arranged to get work off for the audition on the 25th.  I thought about cancelling.  It didn't seem right to attend a "Wheel of Fortune" audition while my husband was dealing with funeral stuff; but both Jonah and his mom insisted I go.  They said Jonah's dad would have wanted me to go.  They're probably right.

All I wanted to do was to redeem myself from my crappy first audition.  In fact, I wondered how I got this far at all.  There were only about 50 or 60 people at this second audition.  There were about 300 to 400 people at the first audition, maybe more.  Somehow they whittled it down to 50, and I was one of them.  I wanted to say, "Did you see my first audition?"

We played several rounds of the actual game.  They had the sound effects and board and everything.  And I did really quite well.  One of the clues even seemed tailor made for me: "May the Force Be With You."  I guessed well.  I got a lot of "money" with five "L"s, but I didn't manage to get the answer, which was "Playing Beach Volleyball."

I could tell the people in whom they were more interested.  There was a set of identical twin sisters next to me who I knew they would pick (they did).  Ultimately, I was not chosen, and I have to wait a year before I can re-audition; but what I am proud of was that I redeemed myself.  I played well and I really enjoyed myself and had a lot of fun; I just wasn't what they were looking for.

I'm glad to have put my Traffic Ham days behind me.

No comments: