Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Visit From Mom

Sunday night I'm pretty certain Mom paid me a visit.  Jonah and I had gone to see a production of Cabaret and then I dropped him off at work and went back home.  I re-watched the last two episodes of "Lost" again because I find them moving, particularly the last episode. 

As I've mentioned before, the show deals with themes of life and death and what happens to us when we die and the legacy we leave behind.  These thoughts have been on my mind lately and I thought re-watching these episodes could help reinforce some of the ideas I've been thinking about.

As I watched the last episode, I thought about how wonderful it will be to be reunited with those who have gone before us.  And I felt her.  I felt Mom was there with me.

I went into the backyard into our beautiful garden.  The weather was cooler with a light breeze.  And I felt her there with me, and I talked with her.

I went back in the house.  It was almost time to pick Jonah up from work.  I played a song on the piano called "And I Love You So."  I've talked about this before where I played the song and then the same song played in my car just minutes later.  Well, the same thing happened again.  I was playing the song on the piano and singing, and I felt like Mom, much as she had done so in mortal life, was sitting nearby or leaning over me listening to me perform.

When I got in the car to go pick up Jonah, the very same song started playing, and I just started laughing because I was sure Mom was with me.

But here's another interesting thing.  The next day I received this random message from a Facebook friend.  We're friends, although not super close, and I have not heard from her in some time.  This is what she wrote:

Hi, [Cody]!  This may sound really strange, but last night a vision popped in my head of you when you were little standing with your mom outside in front of a little red wagon (like a radio flyer.)  Then you now, with her hand on your knee...almost like saying she's with you.  I felt like I needed to share this with you...hope you don't think I'm nuts.

I replied:

I don't think you're nuts at all.  I actually am quite certain my mom visited me last night, so this is a pleasant confirmation.  [Then I related what I've previously written above]  I think your vision is just extra confirmation of [all that I've related].

I don't believe in coincidences.  Thank you so much for sharing.

She wrote back:

O gooodie [Cody]!!!!  I'm so glad!  It was definitely your mama!

There are no coincidences, I'm glad you felt her last night!

Thank you for confirming what I felt was real...this has helped me trust that all my hard work on raising my consciousness is not in vain...& to trust it.

Thank you!  I hope all is wonderful with you!

Others may believe as they wish, but I feel certain Mom visited me.  At the very least, I'd like to think so.  It gives me comfort and certainly doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility.

I'm glad my friend followed her instincts and shared her experience with me.

1 comment:

Trev said...

Aww... this is so cute and beautiful :'-).

I'm glad you could get a visit from your mom. :)