Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeling Sad

I just found out that a friend of mine from college and his daughter were killed in an automobile accident today. Such a good man. His wife and his two other children are in serious condition. Death doesn't typically bother me because I believe this life is just a short moment in the eternal scheme of things, but sudden deaths are always the hardest for me. One minute you're full of life, enjoying your Thanksgiving Day; the next, your gone from this earth. It's just sad.

I've been a bit down anyway because I've been missing Jonah terribly. We've been apart for about two and a half months now, and our last time together was a mere week and a half. I won't see him until Christmas Eve, and then I'll only get two and a half days with him until I start work again in Utah. I'm grateful to be employed, of course, but it sucks to be apart sometimes. Fortunately, I foresee that I'll have nothing lined up for February and at least part of March, so that will give us some time together.

I can tell Jonah's a bit down, too (not just because of the separation, but other factors as well). It's unusual for us both to be down at the same time. Anyway, this, too, shall pass.

2 comments:

Corey Wilkey said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is tragic...I wish the rest of the family well.

As far as your and Jonah go, I am sorry that you are feeling down as well. I hope that you are able to get through it as quick as possible! Way to be optimistic :)

Gay LDS Actor said...

Thanks, Corey.